Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just plain gross...

You don't have to tell me about snotty kids! Tenzin snots so much, that we caught people honeymooning right outside of his Niagra nose.

When he was tiny, it was pretty intimidating as a parent. You'd suction out the slightest bit-o-booger out of fear of suffocation. Even walking out of the house, we'd make sure that every little tiny eye/nose/mouth crusty was wiped clean so that our newborn son would glow adorably, exemplifying all the signs and symptoms of a healthy baby.

Now, as we celebrate his headcold's one month birthday, things have definitely changed. He's kind of like an oil spill; you can't try to get every drop, you can only hope to contain the mess.

Why am I talking about snot? Well, I found this product online today. I never knew how many strange products there were, but I think I'm just beginning to scratch the surface. Here ya go:




The Nosefrida is a Swedish nasal aspirator that removes mucous from your child’s nose via your suctioning mouth. Although the website states that it comes with a filter, thus blocking the passage of snot to your lips, I still don't think I would want to take that risk (Full Disclosure: I wore plastic gloves when changing my nephew's diaper not more than one year ago (Really Full Disclosure: Said diaper was only wet. No poop)).

Sadly, it donned on me that no matter how odd I think this invention is, the guy is probably a millionaire. Every nutjob and their mother is nowadays.

So I came up with an invention aimed at parents like Rachel and I who are no longer striving for booger perfection. This is for the parents just trying to contain the mess.

I will give you the address of my online store when the web developer finishes his work.


No comments: