Thursday, March 20, 2008

70 to snow to 70...and so on....

Time for a family post. I’ll bring this train back around to the Thornburg Station for a little while. The Zen is growing so fast that we’re having a difficult time following along. Where to begin?

Rachel’s done an excellent job teaching him about his body parts. He’ll now respond correctly to various questions by pointing to the corresponding part in question. As of today he knows his hair, head, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and (the cutest of all) his belly button. For the belly button, he’ll actually lift up his shirt and shove his finger knuckle-deep in his former food tube. It’s pretty funny.

Unbeknownst to Rachel, I’ve been teaching as well. I’ve begun making up various body parts in which Tenzin now points out. She will soon discover that Tenzin’s beaderbopper is near his Adam’s apple and his floozelflazzel is on his butt. Can’t wait till his first Kindergarten singing of “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.”

We’ve finally dug out from the blizzard of aught eight and I don’t think I’ve ever had heavier cabin fever in my life. Everyone --and I mean EVERYONE-- around us is in a funk as a result of the weather. We’ve been given glimpses of 70 degree days on more than one occasion, only to be doused in snow 3 days soon thereafter. Last night was no different, with a smattering of midnight snow freezing our doors shut by morning. It’s ridiculous. I’ve got this slovenly, bloated, overweight sensation like I’m preparing for hibernation. At least a bear wakes up 100 lbs lighter after a winter’s rest. I, however, feel like I’m carrying our next child. It’s a Cheeto.

There have been a lot of shenanigans, but I’m drawing an I-haven’t-blogged-in-way-too-long blank. Let’s see: we had a wonderfully traditional St. Patrick’s Day dinner at the Bilek’s, Rachel’s brother and sister will be flying out here in June, Rachel’s mom will be here any day now, we have Tenzin’s first Park of Roses’ duck parade on Saturday, Tenzin’s gone two weeks without an ear infection, he’s itching to get his new Xmas golf cart out on the town, his hair is crazier than ever and we’re debating about cutting it when Rachel’s mom flies in...

...we’re growing out of our house/car, Tenzin won’t be going to college due to gas prices, we’re going to a Peace Corps reunion in Washington DC in June and can’t wait to get touristy pictures with the Z in the capital, we went to Chuck E. Cheese and were INCREDIBLY dissapointed …

...and so was Tenzin...

And I’m sure I’m forgetting 5000 other things, but I’m easing back in to this blogging thing…give me a break!

I’ll try to update more when I can. This will need to do for now.

If you want to see some of the newest pics, here's a Kodak Gallery link.

No comments: